8v Transmission upgrade? WAS: Transmission Question

--- 16V Jason <jason@scirocco.org> wrote:
> At 01:34 PM 1/29/2002, Benjamin Harder wrote:
> >I think Daun's 16v has the original clutch and he's now over the
> 200k mile
> >mark, right Daun?!  That should say something about the stock
> clutches... ;)
>
> Actually I think he replaced it at 19X,XXX.
>
> Jason

Uhhh...Ben?  BEN?  You were there, dude, when we did the dual tranny
swap - Daun's car and my car - in my garage, last spring...*YOU* were
the one doing the replacing of Daun's clutch, if I recall correctly.
Remember he had all the pretty new bolts?  You did the grunt work, Daun
manned the parts cleaner, and I ran the wire wheel and did the
managing.  I have photos...

Youth is wasted on the wrong people.  Sheesh.

=====
Cheapass Ron
"Victor" '87 16V Scirocco
"Teufelhasen" '93 Cabby <-For sale

If it ain't foggy, TURN OFF YOUR FOG LIGHTS.