Still Cuttin' Out Above 4K (16v)

The car will accelerate on past 4K, but not without some "missing."  It
seems like ignition, but the distributor, ICU, the wires and plugs are new.

I called Potter and talked to him about my FPR (I can smell gas when I pull
off the vacuum line).  He said he has never sold one ($185 each, BTW) or
heard of one going bad.  I did check my WOT switch and its working.  There
is a temp switch in the circuit.  Would that cause the problem?

John
87 16v
El Paso