8v Transmission upgrade? WAS: Transmission Question

At 06:04 PM 1/29/2002, MrAudi wrote:
>the clutch in my 16v has 188,000 on it, and is finally starting to show
>signs of dying. the clutch in my audi has 192,000 and shows no signs of
>dying anytime soon. they obviously do use very high quality clutch parts

Agreed... but most of it IMO is how you drive.  I know people who have
killed clutches in Hondas in 20,000 miles.  A friend of mine has an Accord
that made it 195k on the original clutch -- and the tranny croaked.  After
looking at the clutch, he could have easily done 250k on it.  HIs BMW 325i
was at 189k when he totalled it -- also on the original clutch.

Jason