8v Transmission upgrade? WAS: Transmission Question

Actually  my 9a tranny is a 8v model and is going to be matched back to
another JH engine, 1.8L. I just wanted to add more transmissible power to
the transmission (engine will be tweak but nothing in the range of a turbo
model), I have planned to get a lighten flywheel, was thinking 16v pressure
plate with Sash Clutch or 3 puck clutch for 8v. My current clutch/pressure
plate are 5 year of age and are not slipping if that give you an idea how I
treat my car!

Patrick