8v Transmission upgrade? WAS: Transmission Question

--- ATS - Patrick Bureau <pbureau@attbi.com> wrote:
> Actually  my 9a tranny is a 8v model and is going to be matched back to
> another JH engine, 1.8L. I just wanted to add more transmissible power to
> the transmission (engine will be tweak but nothing in the range of a turbo
> model), I have planned to get a lighten flywheel, was thinking 16v pressure
> plate with Sash Clutch or 3 puck clutch for 8v. My current clutch/pressure
> plate are 5 year of age and are not slipping if that give you an idea how I
> treat my car!

 Sheesh...that's nothing...my '93 Passat's clutch is original (8 years),
yet has over 185,000 miles on it...still not slipping!

I think Daun's 16v has the original clutch and he's now over the 200k mile
mark, right Daun?!  That should say something about the stock clutches... ;)

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v
80 Scirocco