8v Transmission upgrade? WAS: Transmission Question

Well, I just sold my 87 16V Jetta GLI to Ruben (VERY hard on cars).
Bought it from Craig with ~160K, sold to Ruben with 172K with the original
clutch/engine/trans/shocks/springs.
No sign of clutch slippage, passed smog, pulls hard, starts instantly when
cold, rev's to 7K, will do 120mph on flat ground and the suspension is
still taut.
Go figure, some times you get a lemon, sometimes you get chunk of
granite....maybe I shouldn't have sold Olga....hmmmmm......

Randy
81 Scirocco S "Mars"
81 Scirocco S "Cosmos"
87 Jetta GLI 16V "Olga" - Sold to pay rent