So this is going into an 82 Rabbit Convertable
(aka the Topless Bunny -- lipstick Red )

Here are the goals.

#1 Has to be 100% reliable and drivable by my wife.. she just wants to get
in it and it run, period.

#2 Has to be as quiet as stock

#3 Needs to be a clean conversion

#4 2.0L

#5 looks cool. <-- this is why i was thinking the 2.0L Xflow

#6 Must have A/C

#7 Must have Cruise Control. <-- my requirement for those long trips.

#8 Easy to get parts/repair

What options are availiable and doable.

Basic questions would involve.
Can CIS, CIS-E be used in a 2.0L conversion? if so which ones?

What additional problems will switching to the DIgifant or Motronic for a
new 2.0L X-flow present for installation?

ANy out of the blue suggestions?

What is installed now.
EN code engine (1.7L?) FN tranny 90mm axles
16v front brakes
8v rear drums
H&R 8v springs (will these have to be changed to 16v?)
Koni Reds <-- going away for bilstiens.
16v Teardrops.
Most of a Euro BBS kit. -- missing the front spoiler.. any body got one
I'll trade a whole US BBS kit. Front spoiler has been repaired. and the
front wheel arches were cut to fit the BBS spoiler to it.

Brian
87 16v RIPieces..
82 Topless Bunny -- Lipstick Red.