'84 special edition Scirocco sold only in CA?

At 10:10 AM 1/25/2002, Mash wrote:

>I remember reading about that - I think it was a Kamei
>kit . . .

Actually, I think it's just the regular 16V Bodykit...

 From Motor Trend 9/85

Cosmetically, the 16V bears a striking resemblance to the special
California Edition Scirocco that was sold on the West Coast two years ago.
The fender flares and rocker panel extensions are identical and permit the
16V to be shod with some decent-sized tires for a change. According to VW,
problems with stone chipping have mandated the use of an abysmally skinny
175/70HR13 on all previous Sciroccos not fitted with the flares/extensions.
The newest offspring wears 185/60VR14 rubber all around, on 14 x 6-in.
light alloy rims. The 16V's new rear spoiler, which cuts lift by 30% and
helps contribute to the car's 0.38 Cd figure, is also a dead ringer for the
one presently found on U.S. Sciroccos.

Jason