'84 special edition Scirocco sold only in CA?

A quote from that article I sent to a few listers:
"...there are now two Sciroccos from which to choose,
one a cosmetically simple version that sells in all 50
states, and another with fatter wheels and tires and
add-on aero bodywork that will be sold only in
Califrnia (500 are planned as a test of buyer
interest)." This article was published in 1984.
Anybody out there have one of these cars with the aero
add-ons? I would like to see some pics of one of these
cars. There are some pics appearing with the article,
but all I have is a photocopy where the details have
become blurred.

=====
Jorel Jackson
web site:  http://geocities.com/jorel140/index.html