'84 special edition Scirocco sold only in CA?

--- Jorel Jackson <jorel140@yahoo.com> wrote:
> A quote from that article I sent to a few listers:
> "...there are now two Sciroccos from which to
> choose,
> one a cosmetically simple version that sells in all
> 50
> states, and another with fatter wheels and tires and
> add-on aero bodywork that will be sold only in
> Califrnia (500 are planned as a test of buyer
> interest)." This article was published in 1984.
> Anybody out there have one of these cars with the
> aero
> add-ons? I would like to see some pics of one of
> these
> cars. There are some pics appearing with the
> article,
> but all I have is a photocopy where the details have
> become blurred.

I remember reading about that - I think it was a Kamei
kit . . .

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)