OT? -- communter car search

Ok folks.

I find out tonight what job im taking. If I take the job in Groton or
Stamford CT. Im gonna need a car. As we _all_ know a scirocco would just
suck badly for a commuter car (122mi each way 2-3 round trips/week). So im
looking at other options.

Here are my requirements.
cost to get 100% on the road < $10k.
I want a comfy car with all the bells an whistles... I prefer leather
seats, but realistically im not going to find it. I've been looking at
audi's on ebay. It can bur too much gas. ie. like 20mpg or better. I also
would like a heavier car because the roads up here in the NE leave much to
be desired. It also needs to have less than 60-80k on it. syncro or
quattro is a nice to have option. suggestions?

brian
82 Topless Bunny -- Lipstick Red
88 White 16v -- sshh its a secret
85 8v -- parts donor for the bunny heart transplant
88 16v red?? probably. anybody need a motor for a swap?
parts from a couple of white ones.