OT? -- communter car search

Audi 80s, Audi 90s might be a good choice in that price range...but
quattro/syncro does kill gas mileage.

Here is my greatest suggestion for your commuter, it is right in your
price range, its a VW, gets insane gas mileage, nice heavy car with all
the bells and whistles, but NO AWD...which you really don't need on a
commuter.

Find yourself a B4 Passat TDI, they show up on ebay here and there, and
usually sell right close to 10 or under.  Have plenty of power, and get 50
mpg on the highway.  Once you drive a TDI, you finally understand what
Turbo Diesels should be like....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1805856169

There is a nice one!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1804991407

another

Oh! And this one is nice!  Black, with nice rims....me likey!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1805987840

Eric

Trust me on this one man...I have a TDI as a daily driver...they
rock...and it is EASY to get a TON more power out of them.  Check out
www.tdiclub.com forums...these TDIs have quite a following.