What's the best way to install a front spoiler?

--=======7DE63E2D=======

At 08:04 PM 2/7/02 -0500, Mardak wrote:

>Tape eh?  I don't know if I would trust tape alone to keep that thing
>on there.  At speed, I would imagine there would be quite a bit of pull
>on the adhesive.  It would be real nice not to drill any holes
>though...  Hmmm... Anyone else used tape?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Mark.
I am working on a fiberglass spoiler for the '81 and have given this
some thought, and observed what others are doing and...it seems
it is a very good idea to use very good double sided tape at the top
of the spoiler along with screws(not too tight).  I've also given some
thought to plastic bolts to any lower attachment points so they
would break before the spoiler.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.