brake lines wanted

--=======67162DFC=======

At 06:11 PM 2/7/02 -0500, the hitman wrote:

>a friend of mine has an '88 rocco that he is redoing. he noticed the hard
>metal brake lines that run from front to back were rusted and leaking, so
>he removed them and threw them out. now he can't find replacements
>anywhere. i guess volkswagon no longer makes them, and without his old one
>to copy the bends hi is SOL. does anyone know where to get replacements?
Don't know about replacements, but probably the best thing to do is make
new ones.  I know it's harder without the old ones, but it's not impossible
since you can follow the path from mounting point to mounting
point.  That's a good lesson right there though, not to throw parts until
the replacement is procurred/made.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-Just rolled 100K
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.