What's the best way to install a front spoiler?

Mardak wrote:

> I picked up a reproduction "S" spoiler for my 81 S in Toronto (same guy
> that's selling them on Ebay).  It's made from fiberglass, with no holes
> for mounting.  I guess stainless steel self-tapping screws w/ washers
> would work ok (after pre-drilling holes in the spoiler), but is there a
> better/more professional way to install it?  Should I drill slots in
> the spoiler instead of holes to allow for expansion?  Any input?
<snip>

> Thanks!
>
> Mark.

The one thing I'd like to say is I took off the 'almost an S' front
spoiler (it too was fiberglass) but it had been crunched too many times,
anyway who ever had mounted it in the 1st place had used 3M double sided
foam tape between the car body and the dam.

It worked real good, and avoided scrapes and such under the thing.

hth,
TBerk