Tranny Q's ...

--- Adrian Culda <adrculda@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> hey guys ..
> i got a few questions about tranny options ...
> so here we go ..
> i got a 4k in a jetta that im scraping ( canadian OR wob 85 )
> but i have the AGB int the Scirocco and i have a 9A out of a 86 GTi that i
> scappped a while ago ( frame was rotted away )
> im swapin out the 1.8L 8V to a 2.0L 9A Turbo with a DTA unit
> now which one will be less likely to die on me ???
> can u guys tell me the pros and cons of each tranny ???
> Thanks
> Adrian

 Ok, so are you asking between a 9A, AGB, and a 4K which one will be less
likely to die?  That all depends upon the condition the trannies are in
currently... however, the AGB does have the larger main shaft, which I suppose
does help its overall "strength".
  If this tranny will be mated to a turbo-charged engine, then I would
definitely stay away from the 4K tranny, as the gear ratios are *really*
close!  Take a look at scirocco.org under the gears section and look up
these tranny codes to compare gearing...

=====
Benjamin Harder
86 Scirocco 16v
80 Scirocco 16v