headlight switch

Ya know, I have the same issue on my Mk1....and the selector arm is fine,
the high beam light lights, and the relay gets power.  What happens when
you switch to high is the relay temporarily gets power, goes off, then
back on again.  (This is just the way the selector arm switch works,
designed to felicitate flashing your highs without having to fully engage
the high beams....both lows and highs are temp activated if your pull the
arm just a bit).  My relay really doesn't deal with this on-off-on
sequence very well, and sometimes will not remain on, even though the
"switch" wire on the relay IS getting 12v from the stock harness.  This is
a nice Bosch relay too, have tried swapping out other relays, no
difference.  Anyone have the same issue and find a better relay that deals
with this problem better?

Eric