MK1 Project 16v - Update!

Thanks Julie!
  Sure, I'll race ya... just get that car running and bring it
to Cincy!  I can't wait to see it...

And on the subject of turbos/chargers... yes, turbos are *usually*
better performers at higher revs, and *usually* chargers have better
lower rpm characteristics...
A small turbo can produce good low-end power, but will run out
of breath at higher rpm's, where as a larger turbo will take longer
to spool, but then at higher rpm's will produce good boost (which
equals hp...)  So, as you might guess... a twin turbo setup would
be ideal.  Using two turbos, one small unit to take care of
the lower rpm's, and then as the smaller turbo begins to lose boost,
the larger turbo has had the chance to spool and takes over up to
higher rpm's... the result is quite impressive!  This was the goal
with the Audi S4 and of course the 911 TT (twin turbo).
  Hope this helps a bit...

Ben (knowledge is GOOD... usually leads to something blowing up)