MK1 Project 16v - Update!

> be ideal.  Using two turbos, one small unit to take
> care of
> the lower rpm's, and then as the smaller turbo
> begins to lose boost,
> the larger turbo has had the chance to spool and
> takes over up to
> higher rpm's... the result is quite impressive!
> This was the goal
> with the Audi S4 and of course the 911 TT (twin
> turbo).
>   Hope this helps a bit...

Sorry, but both the examples you cite use one turbo
for each bank of cylinders. Thus, they are both more
"turbo twin-3-cylinder" engines, and not
"twin-sequential-turbo six cylinder" engines, if you
want to think of it that way. They have the benefit of
small turbos that spool up fast, but since they're
only feeding three cylinders each, they don't need to
move lots of air at all. The Toyota Supra, however, is
an example of a sequential twin turbo like you
describe. I can't think of any others...

=====
~Neal