Seat Latch Fix

Brad-
  My MkII had this problem.  Carefully release the seat-back's cover and
slide it up.  You may find the cable going from the lift-handle to the far
catch has lost its cable-guides.  Make some new ones from heavy gauge wire,
hooking them into the holes in the frame (like and S-hook).  I had to do
this about 18 months ago and it's still functioning perfectly today.
HTH and good luck.

Larry  sandiego16V