Re: Question - Limited Slip?

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:59:43 -0700 Cory Langford <cory.langford@icbc.com>
writes:

> Okay.  I am getting real close to taking in this FN tranny to have
> it poppedopen and rebuilt.  So far only major addition is the 100mm
> flanges.
>
> Anyone have any experience with any limited slip products?  I have
> heard good and bad.  My biggest concern is:  It seems common place that

> the kits self destruct in a little over a year it seems.  Is this true
> anymore?
>
> Also, who makes the limited slip that will last (if you have one).
>
> TIA
>
> Cory

I only know of one limited slip kit, it's an 80% LSD kit, that Peloquin
USED to sell through Velocity.

I have it on the 4K in my Scirocco, and so far, it's been great!

The 80% LSD kit will not work in an FN or FF...

At this time, the Quaife is the only option for the early 020's...

Peter - http://thescirocco.com - Discount Techtonics, Autotech-Quaife
USA, Ronal USA, Motorworks, Magnecor & Peloquin Dealer -  Bear, DE 19701

'79 Scirocco 16V 25 049
'83 GTI 37 505
'84.5 Scirocco 42 133
'84 GTI 63 348  - SciRollers: '79 70 900, '84 Black, '88 Red -
http://www.neojedi.com/feedbyte/topTen.php