Re: Question - Limited Slip?

--- thescirocco@juno.com wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 11:59:43 -0700 Cory Langford
> <cory.langford@icbc.com>
> writes:
> >

> > Okay.  I am getting real close to taking in this
> FN tranny to have
> > it poppedopen and rebuilt.  So far only major
> addition is the 100mm
> > flanges.
> >
> > Anyone have any experience with any limited slip
> products?  I have
> > heard good and bad.  My biggest concern is:  It
> seems common place that
>
> > the kits self destruct in a little over a year it
> seems.  Is this true
> > anymore?
> >
> > Also, who makes the limited slip that will last
> (if you have one).
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Cory
>
> I only know of one limited slip kit, it's an 80% LSD
> kit, that Peloquin
> USED to sell through Velocity.
>
> I have it on the 4K in my Scirocco, and so far, it's
> been great!
>
> The 80% LSD kit will not work in an FN or FF...
>
> At this time, the Quaife is the only option for the
> early 020's...

This kit only works with transmissions that came with
a factory limited slip, right?

Also, I hear that it works best with 100mm output
flanges - this true?

Thanks!

=====
Mark Peele
1985 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1981 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)