Re: Quick Dumb Non-roc ?

The 97 Golf Trek that I took the ABA and trans from had a clutch *cable*
and rod-style shift linkage...it is a 020 style trans and can be fitted
with the stuff needed from an older 020 to work in our cars.

Eric

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, T Berk wrote:

> Zach Vrooman wrote:
> >
> > Hiya.
> >
> > Are A3 VWs still equipped with cable operated clutches?? I've never looked
> > under the hood of one, and I'm just curious. Thanx.
> >
> > Zach
> > Great Unenlightened One
> >

> I'm not sure because I only ever drove one before, and didn't get under
> the hood, but from the pedal feel I have to believe they are hydraulic clutches.
>
> TBerk

Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
79 Scirocco (Parts car)
80 Scirocco (Parts car)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (Katy's Daily Driver)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox