Re: Badger 5 t-bodies

Lauri Pettai wrote:

> Ok the manufacturer of the TB's went the easy way and drilled a hole to the
> 4th runner and tapped the vacuum line there and that's it. I'm a bit afraid
> to do
> this as it would make the cyl's to work uneqally and on racing conditions
> with lot of sudden and strong breaking etc. it could melt your pistons. :(
> I already worr about my engine as two cylinders get the hot air trough the
> radiator and two cylinders get the cool air directly from grill. And already
> that's
> not good. So lots of work to do still. I'm wondering is there any radiators
> that
> are long and not very high so that I could use the upper part of the grill
> feed cool air to throttlebodies and lower to cool the water?

The 1st thing I thought was a hood scoop to feed cool outside air. Put a
screen across it to keep large chunks out and away you go.

Looks cool with those trumpets on there; one of the things I don't like
about the cross flow motors is the intake runners across the top of the
head. Makes later model engines too tall for Sciroccos.

TBerk