RE: 1979 20v MKI Takes on a porshe 911 on the track video.

After seeing the "Videos" page, I have to say that I'm not quite sure what
to think.

First, this 400hp monster gets horribly bad 1/4 times. If it is a street
car, I understand the traction issue, but his trap speeds were 106mph.
Although the video doesn't show it, it looks like he got beat by a Mk4 Golf
and a Maxima. They had him off the line, which might be expectd, so I waited
to see him get into the 3rd gear boost and blow past them. It didn't happen.
Maybe it was before they upgraded the turbo or something? I'm not a
drag-racing expert, but it seems those results should be attainable with a
lot less than 400hp, even on street tires.

Then, I saw the video labeled "Subaru Impreza 2.5RS", so I naturally clicked
on it only to see what was obviuosly an Impreza 22b utilizing it's
factory-tuned 300hp in a power slide. I know they're not into Japanese cars,
but if they're going to put it on their website, they should know at least a
*little* about it...they probably could have just said "Impreza" and gotten
away with it...

I really want to believe that that Scirocco is BAD-ASS, but those videos
don't help their cause as automotive experts. Oh well, it still looks cool,
and I still want one!

Neal