RE: 1979 20v MKI Takes on a porshe 911 on the track video.

At 09:29 AM 11/28/01 -0500, Neal Tovsen wrote:
>After seeing the "Videos" page, I have to say that I'm not quite sure what
>to think.
>
>First, this 400hp monster gets horribly bad 1/4 times. If it is a street
>car, I understand the traction issue, but his trap speeds were 106mph.
>Although the video doesn't show it, it looks like he got beat by a Mk4 Golf
>and a Maxima. They had him off the line, which might be expectd, so I waited
>to see him get into the 3rd gear boost and blow past them. It didn't happen.
>Maybe it was before they upgraded the turbo or something? I'm not a
>drag-racing expert, but it seems those results should be attainable with a
>lot less than 400hp, even on street tires.

I would guess that he is inexperienced at drag racing.  Not exactly something
that most people are proficient at the first time.  I bet after more
practice and
some pointers from experienced drag racers we would see some very nice times.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V - Needs an oil pump gear
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.