Re: Tearing up axles? (Scirocco 16v)

I've got a friend going through axles like Streisand going through a box
of tissues in flu season.  The inner joints just give up and one time a
left side wanted off so bad, it busted loose.  There were issues with the
6 inner bolts backing themselves out that were made better with some
loctite blue, but now the joints themselves are crapping out.

The facts:

Reman axles.  The same brand I have on my car with only one problem in 7
years.  Several friends get them from the same source with no ill
effects.

When I did the 2.0 swap, I thoroughly cleaned the output flanges and
inspected them for true.

His local dealer told him, "You got too much power!".  The car is a 2.0
16v with a 2.0 head, Autotech cams, headers, A/C removed, lightened
flywheel.  The dealer is a moron.

The inner flanges are not leaking into the inner joints.

At least 4 axles, 2/side, in <15k.

Could this be a problem of too much play at the inner output flanges?
Could the little diff washers be bad/gone?  I don't have the car at my
disposal, so I can't run out and check this.  The common variable is the
car obviously, and I don't want him to spend the money on new joints and
their installation just to have the same thing occur.

Thanks you bastards,
Eric
Good, bad...I'm the guy with the gun!
http://www.geocities.com/blitzkrieg16v