CIS or CIS-lambda? Questions

I have recently come to the conclusion that the PO of my 'roc was brain
dead.  The car is an 81S, titled as such, but then the title also says 1.6,
which is wrong.

I have nothing in the car related to the EGR system, including the vaccuum
booster.  Its all been ripped out, and the exhaust manifold doesn't even
have a port for it.

I also have the brain for the OX sensor, but no OX sensor and no frequency
valve.   The fuel distributor must have been switched to a straight CIS one.

Is there any reason to recreate the Lambda system?  I don't have to do
emissions here.  Any performance benifiets/drawbacks?

Also, in a straight CIS system, how do you measure the A/F ratio, do you
need a exhaust gas anaylizer?

Thanks,
Marc