Re: anyone seen a G60 with a 16v head?

You might could just hook a G60 up to a 2.0l 16v engine, but then the G60 is
such a large, heavy overgrown beast that that probably isn't a decent idea.
Why not a turbo, or other type of supercharger?  - or of course Badger 5.
It sounds like the Badger can get about as much hp out of these engines as
they can really handle.  A more modern 1.8T might be a better option if you
want to get more power than that.  No real basis for that except that stock
twin turbo 1.8T's hit 225hp, so they are probably more suited to handling
more power than that than our engines are ( I think someone was shooting for
400hp from a 1.8t derived system.  That was in a twin engine A4 GTI, so
that's 800hp total).    200+ is apparently a reasonable and relatively
simple target with the Badger 5, so why not.

> you could put 1.8 16v pistons in it but you have to change the lower crank
> pulley, water pump and intermediate shaft. Also you gotta block off the
> distributor hole.

You can ditch the water pump and use an electric water pump.  That gives you
a few hp, the ability to cool a non-running engine, and allows higher revs
without worrying about pump cavitation.  I'm not sure why you would have to
swap imtermediate shafts.  I don't know tons about these particular engines,
but doesn't that shaft just turn the distributor and/or oil pump?  Can't see
what that has to do with the head, assuming that you aren't using a
distributor.  Honnold, can you elucidate this for us?

Don't use the stock fuel management from anything.  Get a programmable fuel
injection and ignition unit (or a separate unit for each).  They will be
much better at dealing with compression ratio changes or anything else that
isn't stock.  Besides, the ignition on these cars is a bit weak.   These are
the same type systems you'd use with a Badger 5, so...

> Best/only option is to source out a 2.0 16v shortblock for you 16v head
and
> then think about Badger5
>
> BcH

True.  True.