Re: anyone seen a G60 with a 16v head?

On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Brian Haygood wrote:

> You might could just hook a G60 up to a 2.0l 16v engine, but then the G60 is
> such a large, heavy overgrown beast that that probably isn't a decent idea.
> Why not a turbo, or other type of supercharger?  - or of course Badger 5.
> It sounds like the Badger can get about as much hp out of these engines as
> they can really handle.  A more modern 1.8T might be a better option if you
> want to get more power than that.  No real basis for that except that stock
> twin turbo 1.8T's hit 225hp, so they are probably more suited to handling
> more power than that than our engines are ( I think someone was shooting for
> 400hp from a 1.8t derived system.  That was in a twin engine A4 GTI, so
> that's 800hp total).    200+ is apparently a reasonable and relatively
> simple target with the Badger 5, so why not.

Hate to nitpick, but the 225hp 1.8T is NOT twin turbo.  It does have twin
intercoolers though.  I too am very curious about the badger setup and
it's claims.

--
Eric
Westminster, CO

76 Honda CB400F Super Sport
80 Scirocco (Parts car turned Daily Driver, mine)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
84 Scirocco Automatic (SOLD)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
00 Golf GL TDI (Katy is driving this for now)

-Kelli Fox