Re: Speeding is good? No I don't agree...

   So, if I print this off and keep it in my glove box, could I use it
explain away a ticket the next time I'm in Texas? I mean, gad, some of those
stretches of highway  NEED to be traveled at least at 80!   : )

<<  I have had lots of friends who were
 civil engineers, two of whom made their living surveying roads to
 ascertain recommended speed limits. The first thing you have to
 understand is that every road has two distinctly different speed
 limits. The first is the recommended safe speed, and the second is
 the posted speed limit. >>

   - Everything in between-

<< On a Texas highway that would mean that you would have to be doing at
 least 115mph to constitute reckless endangerment, since all Texas
 highways should have a recommended safe speed of 80mph.  >>

Carl
77rocco
89fox