RE: Speeding is good? No I don't agree...

Well, I have never been stopped outside of a major city in Texas, but
here in Austin you can contest a ticket if the city has not had the
road surveyed in the past five years. I have gotten out of a reckless
endangerment ticket that way, so I know that it at the very least
worked that way in '95. As for speeding tickets, they don't even try
to pretend that has anything to do with safety, the crime is in not
following the law. Any argument of safety issues is immediately
thrown out as irrelevant. You did not obey the posted signs, so you
broke the law, that is all there is to it.

The goal is to overcome the deliberate nature of the process.