Re: KNOCK KNOCK

Why don't you slam the pan off and make sure before you go replacing the
whole motor?  You might of just had some old worn rod bearings that need to
be replaced (about an hour job).  Make sure to measure the crack jounals
first!!!  They may be 10 under or if the journals are scored or worn it may
have to be turned.  Either way, even if the you have to have the crank
machined, just drop the tranny, pull the crank, have it machined, slam it
back in with new bearings, put you trans back in and you have a fresh bottom
end with new seals!!  You could do this in a day as long as you know where
to get the crank done quickly (kinda tough to find a "quick" machine shop!).
Either way, you should check before you pull!!!  HTH!!

Dave

P.S.  If in doubt, use plastigauge!!