why oversteer with stock setup?

let me explain what happened.. on my 84 rocc.. i had the front sway bar
off.. (was like that when i got it). i drove around like that and the car
would understeer alot.. like plowing.. so.. last week i put the stock front
bar back on.. and now the car oversteers now...i thought these cars are
suppose to understeer when they come stock? well yesterday.. the car swapped
ends on the onramp... just wondering why the cars oversteer now instead of
understeering even more with the added front bar....

Thanks

Wing Gee
80'  Arkay Turbo Scirocco (kit for sale)
84' Scirocco 80shot! (Yum...)
Http://www.TurboRocco.com (it'll get updated eventually)