octane question

 what is teh highest octane rating you suggest using in a scirocco?  i already run my golf on premium, and have plans for the rocco, but wish to add octane booster on weekends if ya know what i mean... what is the max octane rating the PL can take b4 i burn the valves? anybody suggest any timing adjustments while im asking questions?  And can anyone out there supply me with an extra set of tail lights?  planning to make myself a clear set.

 Dan Miller
 The Antijock

 '88 Scirocco 16v
 '87 Golf GT (8v)