High Pitched Noise from 16v

This is my first 16v so I'm not sure if this is normal, I
expect not.  At anywhere above ~2500rpm there is a faint
high pitched metal noise.. I thought it was a timing belt
tensioner at first, so I replaced it.. Still there.  Could
it be the timing chain inside the valve train? or perhaps a
waterpump? Doesn't seem to effect performance. Just kinda
annoying...

oh yeah 1.8L 16v from an 87roc

=====
Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever :) Oo=w=oO
84 rocco 16v
84 rocco turbo (project stage)
98 chevy Z71 (cause everyone needs a truck!)
...I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter...