Re: AAAHHHH!!!! [15's in a roc?]

Hav you considered angling the drivers toward or away from
one another to increase the driver mounting area?, or
perhaps a compound Push/Pull configuration, the latter
would take up substantially less space, plus you could go
with a dual bandpass design, and really rock your roc...

I used to dabble in car audio when I was young and foolish,
now I save the high fidelity for the house, and the
adrenelin for the car. If you need details I should be able
to help.

--- Daniel Snow <danws69@mindspring.com> wrote:
> As the subject implies, I'm beginning to get frustrated
> trying to finger out
> how in the hell I'm going to get (2) 15" speakers w/ an
> appropriate
> enclosure; (2) 6x9" speakers; and my amp (18.5" x 14")
> into my roc.
>
> My original idea was to build the 6x9's into the deck lid
> (which I
> successfully did), and then just make the 15's cabinet a
> little shallow, but
> now that I've got the 15's ready to go in a box, I went
> out to do some more
> measuring & fingering, and I'm just out of room.
>
> I'm ok with the option of removing the back seat (no
> one's ever back there
> anyways), but even if I do that, it's SO tight, 'cause
> you've got to have at
> LEAST 34" of side to side space, which just happens to be
> the limit.
>
> My other major concern is that I can get it to look
> professional, I like all
> my interior clean, i.e., no open holes or areas where you
> can see anything
> *yucky*.
>
> Ok, I'm all ears at this point, I know some of y'all have
> nice systems.
> Somebody pleeeease help me out.
>
> Dan
> '87 16v 'Rocco
> '87 16v (unibody FS $1)
> '00 Jetta
> Tampa, FL

=====
Jason Adams
Fahrvergnugen Forever :) Oo=w=oO
84 rocco 16v
84 rocco turbo (project stage)
98 chevy Z71 (cause everyone needs a truck!)
...I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter...