Re: was : ...SF question, Now SF - What to Do When not at ND

T Berk wrote:

> Folks, I am opening this back up to the list because so many folks will
> be in from out of town May the 19-20 for ND. If you aren't, well there
> is still time to join the fun. I can even pick you up from the air port,
> how's that?!  :)

And while we're on that topic..

I would like to get a head count for who's doing the SoCal caravan, including
those of you (such as Dick Wong) who are planning on meeting us somewhere
inbetween the start and finish points, so that we can begin to coordinate
this thing - we're at 10 days and counting, which are gonna go fast!

We are going to meet at the Potterpeople's new shop in Orange on Thursday
night and hope to be on the road by about 7pm.  I suggest arriving around
6 if you can be there by then.  We'll take the same route as the past few
years, heading up to Lompoc, where we'll crash Thursday night at the local
Motel 6.  Breakfast is at about 8-8:30 on Saturday morning (meaning we'll
be able to get a very reasonable amount of sleep) and we should be on the
road by 9:30-10, taking California 1 all the way up the coast.  We'll meet
some other listers on the way, including a few at Lompoc, in Monterey,
and wherever else.  You *MUST* bring a FRS radio (Motorola TalkAbout etc),
the official scirocco.org channel is 5.5.  If you don't have one and
buying one in time for the trip is not in the cards, let me know NOW as
we may have a couple of spares down here and can hook a couple of people
up.  Also a cellphone is a highly desirable companion.

Also, a few people are planning on leaving either Friday or Saturday as they
can't get Friday off work, if this applies to you, please let me know as
we may be able to hook up a secondary caravan of sorts by putting these
people together.

So, please drop me an email offline, indicating you are going, if you are
joining us at Potter's or elsewhere, etc.  I will provide directions to
Mike's place offline as necessary.

And anyone who's still THINKING of going but are on the fence for whatever
reason, please do join us - the entire weekend will be a blast!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA