fuel filter and SF question

Hey list,
Is anyone running a pre-pump filter on their roccos.
If so, what type.  I'm kinda weary about the plastic
over-the-counter $1.50 plastic ones as I used to run
one in the race car till the fuel started making them
melt.  I've been using the glass type with the
replacable element on the bike and the car for a while
but neither are open to the elements(in the trunk on
the racecar and under the tank on the bike)  Any
suggestions?  I'd really like to install one to
prevent the pump from getting clogged.

Also, since the GF and I will be at the ND show, are
there any sightseeing things around the SF area we
should check out.  This trip is under the assumptions
we're going to be on vacation and I kinda need some
stuff to take pics of that isn't VW related for the
family albums.  I know some of yall are familiar with
the area so that's why I'm asking.

George-