ND sightseeing op's

george curl wrote:

> Also, since the GF and I will be at the ND show, are
> there any sightseeing things around the SF area we
> should check out.  This trip is under the assumptions
> we're going to be on vacation and I kinda need some
> stuff to take pics of that isn't VW related for the
> family albums.  I know some of yall are familiar with
> the area so that's why I'm asking.

Wow, so many options.. I'd strongly suggest getting up into The City (SF) if
you haven't already visited, even if you have for that matter.  PLENTY o'
photo ops up that way.  Cross over the Golden Gate and you can drive up on
a hill overlooking the bridge and The City in an area called the Marin
headlands.  We took a whole gaggle of us up there 2 years ago for one west
coast 'rocco event.  To the south, over the hill from the show site is
Santa Cruz, and a little further to the south, beautiful Monterey.

We will be crusing into the Santa Cruz mountains on Saturday before the
BBQ, it's a beatiful area again worthy of non-VW pics (and of the VW
variety as well natch).

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA