Re: ND ND ND [Driving Stories]

>On Fri, 04 May 2001 15:43:48 "Lisa Lutman" <llutman@hotmail.com> writes:
> I really want to bring my scirocco... has anyone driven theirs 17hrs
> straight? How was it??
>
> Lisa

I have, it wasn't that bad, you should definitely go!

I drove my RIP '81 Mars red Scirocco from Bear, Delaware to Ft.
Lauderdale in 16 hours flat.

I drove between 75MPH and 105MPH, DEPENDING on traffic. and I had to slow
down
to 55MPH twice for the State Troopers in South Carolina.

I got there at 4AM, and I couldn't show up at my aunt's house at that
hour,
so I drove around Ft. Lauderdale for a while killing some time.

As I'm cruising down the main strip at 25 MPH, I suddenly hear screeching
tires, I'm like WTF!,
I look behind me and here is a flash of a Ford Escort spinning around,
right behind me as it continues across the blvd..
Apparently they blew through a stop sign at 35+ MPH, swerved to avoid me,
and went into a spin, never to be seen again...

Here I am, driving balls to the walls for 16 hours, without ANY problems,

and then I do 25MPH and my Scirocco is nearly totalled.

Getting psyched for CINCY!

Peter
http://thescirocco.com
'79 Scirocco 16V project car