Re: 16v no spark,...distributor question

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 05:38:04PM -0700, geordy wrote:

> Could you explain the led-resistor hall effect test proceedure?  Or is
> it in the bentley?

It's in the bently, which I dont' usually keep with me at work. Basically,
while the hall sensor connector is connected, you pierce the insulaton of
2 of the wires leading to it, put a LED and a current limiting resistor
accross them, and crank the engine. If the LED blinks, your hall sensor is
working propperly. If it does not blink, the sensor is dead.

--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a
lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

			- HHGTG