Re: need help, scirocco's rear is screwed

I'm in maryland too :D . Inspection sucks shit, gotta deal though. As
far as your rear alignment, start looking for a new rear axle beam to
replace the current. My old 85 had a bent rear axle for years after my
mother had gotten hit in it, but nobody(dozens of shops) could figure
out what was wrong. Once I had the axle out of the car you could see the
crease in the passenger beam and how it was pushed over about 1"
compared to where the other which was a straight 90(degrees) off the
main beam. Luckily mark @ adirondack was cool, and I picked up a used
rear axle beam in perfect shape for like 60$. Shipping wasn't too bad
either, they are in new york. The swap isn't hard and doesn't take long,
it's just bleeding the brakes again that are a real bitch. A rear
swaybar makes it harder, especially if it's a retarded autotech one with
the poly mounts that never let go, or get stuck to the inside of koni's
(don't ask about that, my koni's left the rabbit they were in by cutting
apart the rear axle beam.....)Peace,
	-Gary Huff