need help, scirocco's rear is screwed

Nobody responded to the other email so here it is again with a different
subject, any help would be appreciated.

My brothers car which was once mine just went in for inspection Saturday.
The guys there said that everything was cool but the exhaust manifold was
leaking.  Which would have been cool if that's all that was wrong with it.
The guy was in the process of doing an alignment, when he called us back and
said he would have to shim the rear.  Then he called back and said that the
alignment couldn't be done.  The right rear wheel was to far out of whack.
Anyway 3 years ago I was hit on that same side.  Didn't think anything of it
because there was no body damage, the guy hit me in the wheel (different
wheels now).  I get on the beltway 3 hours later and the alignment is all
f'ed up!  I took it to EIP (sorry) and had them do an alignment and check the
rear along with the frontend.  Got it back and everything was magically ok!
Guess they didn't give a darn about my scirocco.  Does anyone know what it
could be?  Is there anyone who has had this problem?  Is it maybe the rear
beam, spindle, or the rears mounts?  Please help, thanks.