Re: Car Seat questions

Nathan Dana wrote:

> The car is for fun, auto-xing etc, so the snugger the fit the better,
> and I plan on getting a harness as well, so any harness suggestions (4,
> 5 6 point?) would be great!

A six-point belt system is overkill for what you're looking for. I'd
recommend a 5-point for an amazing level of support. A 4-point will also
work but not as well.

> I like the idea of the aftermarket race seat, but that is primarily a
> looks (rice) thing, and so if the stock seat is better, then that is
> what I will get.

Nah, racing seats aren't rice at all! They go a very long way towards
helping you out in performance driving. Still, with that said, I'd do
the belts first and the seats second. If you do go with the seats pick a
model with good thigh and side bolster support. Avoid vinyl and leather
like the plague. Alcantra reinforcement on the high-rub areas is a great
touch. Also look for a cut out for a crotch belt if you go with a
5-point harness. Side mount is better than bottom mount for safety and
support reasons. Tubular steel frame is much more comfortable than a
fiberglass or carbon shell for street use.

I've got my eyes on the Sparcos right now but there are plenty of other
good choices.
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut