Re: 4K vs 16v trans w/Quaife

Dan Kraus wrote:

> What is a better Transmission?
>     4K trans  or a 16v trans w/Quaife ???

If it were a one or the other issue then I'd take the 16v
Quaiffe-equipped trans in a heartbeat. However, since we're talking
about real life here, I'd boil it down to a price issue. You can always
install a Quaife in a 4k. And you can certainly change the ring & pinion
in the 16v trans. At the end of the day, though, I say that there is
more speed in maintaining traction (Quaife) then in providing more
torque (4k's 3.89 final drive ratio).

>     p.s. How long can a transmission Run without oil????

It depends. God protects fools and babies, right? Rumor has it that
you're in your early twenties (not a baby). How long do *you* think your
trans will last? ;^)
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut