Re: {tech} Damn Cam knowledge- revisited

mike wrote:

> I need to finger out the cam set to get.  a few
> have said get 260/276 combo's-   what is the
> consensus on that?    also if advising me on cam
> degrees- please mention which one would go to
> intake and which one to exhaust.

I have the Schrick 260/276 combo as of the other day, and can report
happily that it seems to be an awesome setup.  I also now have a 50mm
intake (I can see Brett recoiling now!) which is no doubt hurting the
bottom end, but after some cam and ignition timing fine tuning, it now
runs like a raped ape.. just a tad soft down low, but still very
comfortable for daily stoplight-to-stoplight driving.. then after about
4k rpms, the thing comes alive like you wouldn't believe.  The headwork
no doubt didn't hurt either.. :D

260 is the intake side, 276 the exhaust, btw.

You might consider just doing an euro intake cam.. great for retaining
your low end grunt while still getting modest power gain.  Not sure
if you're gonna have a chance at your ultimate goal by going this
route however.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA