Re: {tech} Damn Cam knowledge- revisited

>Torque != HP.  This is a tired opinion, but if you want
>bragging rights, shoot for HP, if you want a good daily
>driver, go for torque.  *Do Not Overcam*

what's your idea of overcaming?
i got word on Kent 278 Steel Billets for sale. i was SERIOUSLY
considering picking up the set. i'm just wondering how it's going
to effect the bottom end torque of the car. i love the way a 2L rips
out of the hole. that's the only thing that making lean away from
then. i just know when it's hitting 5000 rpms it's going to be total
sickness. i know the guy that has them now, but his car is a little
more set up that mine (headwork, carbs), and when he took me
for a ride in it, i freaked. how would they preform with stock head,
and exhaust/Race DP?

>>I need to finger out the cam set to get.  a few
>>have said get 260/276 combo's-   what is the
>>consensus on that?    also if advising me on cam
>>degrees- please mention which one would go to

also, if i'm running 278's, would it be possible for me to
change the intake to a Shrick 260 or a Kent 258? if these
Kent's get too crazy for me, i might just play with them for a
bit and ditch em for the combo.

thanks

paul
87' Scirocco 16v