Re: {tech} Damn Cam knowledge- revisited

Paul wrote:
> what's your idea of overcaming?

I wasn't asked directly but I'd offer that anything more than 268 is too
much for a street-driven 2.0l equipped car.

> i got word on Kent 278 Steel Billets for sale. i was SERIOUSLY
> considering picking up the set. i'm just wondering how it's going
> to effect the bottom end torque of the car.

Bottom-end? What bottom-end? You'll be a hero above 5000k rpms but
before that... You'd better watch out for those ferocious Geo Metros. :^)

> also, if i'm running 278's, would it be possible for me to
> change the intake to a Shrick 260 or a Kent 258? if these
> Kent's get too crazy for me, i might just play with them for a
> bit and ditch em for the combo.

I'd run the following cams on the street (in order of radical profile):
Euro intake/ stock exhaust
Euro intake/ 260 deg exhaust or Autotech cam set
Shrick (or equiv) 260 deg set
Shrick (or equiv) 260 intake/ 276 exhaust
Shrick (or equiv) 268 set
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut