Car Seat questions

The drivers seat is pretty much totally busted on my 88 16v.  So I need
a new seat.  My two options are 1) find one in the junkyard.  2) get an
aftermarket (i.e. Sparco Corbeau etc).

The car is for fun, auto-xing etc, so the snugger the fit the better,
and I plan on getting a harness as well, so any harness suggestions (4,
5 6 point?) would be great!

Hopefully the seat would sit lower than the current one, which is stuck
all the way high, so my head almost hits the roof (I am 5' 10" or so).
I like the idea of the aftermarket race seat, but that is primarily a
looks (rice) thing, and so if the stock seat is better, then that is
what I will get.

Thanks!

Nathan
01 GTi